Meet Your Therapist!
Gail Welkes, MA, MSS, LCSW
Starting therapy and counseling may not seem easy. But here you are, taking the first step forward. I am a licensed psychotherapist, ready to assist you with your mental health needs. For over twenty years I have helped Adults, Teenagers and Families find their way through difficult times. I have devoted my life’s work on creating an effective, solutions-focused therapy for Depression, Anxiety, Eating Disorders, and various Life Transitions.
As a highly experienced and results-oriented professional, I am as unique of an individual as you are. My therapy style has been honed for decades and my skill set is distinctive and practical.
My philosophy and work focus on the following principles:
- There is nothing more valuable than your mental health.
- Therapy helps you look at situations in your life, and illuminates how your thoughts, feelings and behaviors intersect. This is one of the hallmarks of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).
- Motivation for change guides you into feeling better about yourself and others.
- Therapy needs to be focused on solutions to help you navigate through all that life throws your way – and it clarifies how you can approach life from a position of strength and self-awareness.
Gail’s Credentials Include:
- Two Master’s Degrees – an MA in Psychology from Temple University, and an MSS in Social Work (Clinical Concentration) from Bryn Mawr College.
- Clinical Training at the University of Pennsylvania, the Renfrew Center for Eating Disorders, and the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Multiple Post-Graduate Clinical Certificate programs completed including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Treatment for Insomnia, Treatment for Chronic Pain, Psychotherapy for Adolescents, Career Counseling, and Clinical Supervision.
- A commitment to yearly continuing education to stay current on all treatment modalities and current research.
- A consultant for some of the largest corporations in the world, providing employee assistance, career coaching, and executive leadership training.
I am a teacher, a mentor, and an advocate for mental health and well-being. As a licensed psychotherapist, I adhere to the highest standards of confidentiality and ethics.
I invite you to learn more about my practice and how I can help you. Contact me for a free initial 10 minute phone consultation.